The postindian warrior is the simulation of survivance in new stories.
– Gerald Vizenor
The Fight Quest
- Mend your sacred hoop.
- Are there events, ceremonies, or meetings in your area?
- Are there collaborations you want to pursue?
- Form new healthy relationships and behaviors.
- Tell a story in any medium that reflects your experience. For example, a mixed media experimental animation inspired by ceremony. This is an act of survivance!
- Share your act of survivance by emailing the file or posting online, and tagging the act with #survivance.
Words of Woodrow Morrison Jr.
“What you learn is that when you hit a certain point in your healing, your recovery, you get scared, because I don’t know what the rules are anymore. There are no rules. Trust your feelings.”