The postindian warrior is the simulation of survivance in new stories.
– Gerald Vizenor
New Ways Quest
- What unhealthy behaviors do you have?
- Get rid of them by keeping yourself busy!
- Learn stories, learn about your history, learn a language, learn about medicinal plants, or learn skills to express yourself.
- Tell a story in any medium that reflects your transition. For example, a mixed media piece inspired by learning an Indigenous language. This is an act of survivance!
- Share your act of survivance by emailing the file or posting online, and tagging the act with #survivance.
Words of Elaine Grinnell
“I’d say it’s worth it. You’ll find new friends. You’ll find new things to do. And then you’ll be in control of your own life.”