The postindian warrior is the simulation of survivance in new stories.
– Gerald Vizenor
The Sacred Hoop Quest
- Where have your feelings had a negative impact on your relationships?
- Work towards resolving relationships that need healing.
- Create new healthy relationships with others.
- Tell a story in any medium that reflects your relationships.
- For example, write a short story inspired by your experience.
- Share your act of survivance by emailing the file or posting online, and tagging the act with #survivance.
Words of Woodrow Morrison Jr.
“I was institutionalized, and of course I was angry. I mean there was a rage going on in there. I would lash out and I nearly killed people. I didn’t kill them, but it wasn’t because I wasn’t trying. I used to pick the biggest guy I could find; maybe I was hoping this one could kill me. I wasn’t what you would call a good fighter. I was just crazy. I wouldn’t even remember it afterward when the rage was gone.”